Hello! I’m Georgie, a freelance proofreader based in London. Whether your text is a book, report, leaflet, brochure or anything else, I can help make sure that it’s the best it can be.
Proofreading is the last step in the process of editing your text – it’s the final check before everything is ready to go. I can help with:
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation – ensuring that everything is correct and consistent
- Style – making sure that things like hyphenation, capitalisation, numbers, abbreviations and so on are used and formatted consistently throughout
- Illustrations, diagrams and other extra-textual material – checking that everything is in its right place, with the correct labels and captions
- Formatting of tables of contents, references, citations and indices – ensuring consistency
- Page numbers, chapter titles and headings – making sure everything is correct and corresponds with the table of contents.
If you’re unsure whether you require proofreading or a more in-depth editing service, please do get in touch to discuss your project.
Proofreading can be done electronically or on hard copy – I use Adobe Acrobat annotations and tools for PDFs, the Track Changes feature for Microsoft Word documents and the British Standards Institution (BSI) symbols for paper proofs.
I am affiliated with the UK’s foremost industry-recognised professional organisations – I gained a Distinction in the respected Essential Proofreading course from the Publishing Training Centre and I’m an entry-level member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, abiding by its Code of Practice. I’m also a member of the Society of Young Publishers.
I am dedicated to paying close attention to texts, weeding out errors and ensuring that everything is as accurate as possible. Why not get in touch today to see how my prompt, professional and friendly proofreading service could help you? You can use the contact form on this site, connect with me on LinkedIn or email me at the address below. I’d love to hear from you!